Alejandro Bedoya om matchen och sin egen insats.

Förstora bilden

Alejandro Bedoya ersatte avstängde lagkaptenen Fredrik Nordback på ÖSKs mittfält och var en starkt bidragande orsak till lagets sprudlande offensiv i första halvlek. Här är hans kommentar efter matchen.

What are your thoughts on the game?

-Just one of those games, you know. I think we totally dominated the first half, played very well and created many good chances which could have changed the outcome of the game. In the second half we got a bit comfortable, didn´t come out as aggressive as we should and allowed them to score twice. We didn´t loose though.  

How do you feel about your own performance?

-I think it went okay. In the first half I created a lot, got in behind them and had a couple of chances that were really close. In the second half I think we ended up coming out a little flat and maybe I just didn´t have the same energy that I had in the first half. Also, they got more compact in the centre and with those two goals they got a lot of energy. Obviously, my performance wasn´t as good in the second half as in the first. I´ve not played so many matches so I doesn´t have that match-fitness yet and run out of gas in the second half.

Especially in the first half you often got yourself into the box, something that has been missing in ÖSKs game.

Was it something you´ve talked about before the game?

-Well yeah, we´ve talked about the whole year how we don´t have enough players in the box. That´s one of the reasons why we haven´t produced as much goals as we want. We got to start scoring more and by getting more players into the box we make that possible. My job is to do that, I´m a box to box-player but I like to push forward to, so that´s an important part of my own game as well. And I think I did that today.

What do think of the team performance today?

-I think we played very good in the first half. In the second half we didn´t get the ball in possession as we wanted. We didn´t get to set up Nordin in the centre of the pitch as much as we wanted. In general we didn´t play well in the second half. Unfortunately we lack scoring ability at the moment, we must crash the box harder and get the ball into the net. I think we´ve improved our game in the final third of the pitch lately, getting more people in the box but we just have to start score goal. It would´ve been a completely different game if we´d scored more in the first half.

Why does ÖSK have problem scoring?

-Well, there are lots of reasons. Of course it can be a mental thing when you miss like we did today but mostly it just feels like bad luck. Several of our chances today were as good as penalty shots, or even better, and we went so close but were so unlucky! If we´d have better finishing, we would´ve won today, not doubt.

New player Adriano did his first appearance today, what did you think of his game?

-He´s a very physical player, can play with his back to the goal and likes to force his way into the box. He did okay when he got in, had a nice chance with the bicycle kick, it was just so close. He brought his energy to the game and helped the team to create chances. It´s still a bit early to tell but I think he´ll be good for ÖSK.

After this performance, do you think you´ll start the next game?

-It´s hard to tell, of course I loved to get more playing time but there´s tough competition and I respect the choices the coaches make. My job is to make it as hard as possible for the coaches to choose. I think my performance today improved my chances.

David Rispoli Helling

© ÖSK Elitfotboll AB Stolthet, hjärta och passion sedan 1908